3 Healthy Tips for the Ice Cream Lovers


It's officially the start of summer!  Summer is my favorite season because I love the warm temps, long sunny days, tanned skin, beach trips, pool days and ICE CREAM DATES!!  What's not to love about that, right??  

If you find ice cream as irresistible and wonderful as I do, I think you'll find these tips helpful! 

Here are 3 tips to help you enjoy ice cream responsibly this summer:  

1.  Don't keep ice cream in the house.  Notice I said "ice cream date" above?  That is because I've stopped keeping it in the house, because when it's in the house... I EAT IT ALL.  When ice cream is in stock in our house, the evil voice in my head is constantly urging me to eat it.  So to avoid the constant temptation, I keep it out of the house and make my ice cream indulgence more of a fun event (instead of me secretly binging on it alone, and feeling guilty about it).  We usually go on family ice cream dates 1-2 times a week during the summer.  It's great bonding time for our family and helps me to limit my intake.  

2.  Choose your ice cream wisely.   My advice is to get REAL ice cream - the decadent full fat version.  I can get a kiddie size of regular ice cream and feel completely satisfied.  I could eat a gallon of froyo and still want more.  Personally, I would rather go with feeling satisfied over feeling like I can't get enough.  

Also, try reading the ingredients of these low-fat/low-cal options.  Think of how much extra sugar/additives are added into something to make it taste as good?? G-R-O-S-S if you ask me!  And don't even get me started on Halo Top.  This is marketed to people by the total calories by pint - they are basically encouraging people to binge on it because of the low calorie/carb totals.  I bought it once and pretty much ate the whole thing in one sitting.  Did I feel satisfied... not at all.  But I did have some nice gas and stomach cramping, which is a side effect of one of it's main ingredients:  erythritol.  It can also cause diarrhea and headaches, but luckily I dodged those bullets.  

3.  Make NICE CREAM.  There are tons of healthyISH ice-cream alternatives you can make right at home, using just a few simple ingredients.  They are still high in sugar but most recipes are based off bananas, so the sugar content is mostly coming from the naturally occurring sugar in the fruit.  You can search Pinterest for healthy nice cream recipes, or try the ones I have posted on my blog:  
I hope you found these tips helpful!  If you have any questions/ comments, please post them below or email me at fabfitfunjen@gmail.com 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig