BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza


So, last week I shared my Core De Force results and you may recall I mentioned that I never got around to making the BBQ chicken pizza from the Core De Force eating plan.  I decided then that I would add it to my menu for that week because it looked so delicious and was a very simple recipe to make.  

I am now kicking myself in the A$$ for not making this sooner.  I was absolutely delicious and incredibly easy to make.  I will definitely be keeping this in frequent rotation on my menu!  

I have to share that I LOVED the fresh cilantro sprinkled on top, it really made the flavor go from good to HOLY SH!T THIS IS AMAZING.  I would have never thought that BBQ sauce and cilantro would go good together.  Seems like an odd combo to me, so I'm glad I gave it a shot and did not miss out on that awesomeness.  If you are on the fence about it like I was, I encourage you to please try it!  

So, without further ado, here is the recipe.   I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!  

INGREDIENTS

1 (6½-inch) whole wheat pita
2 TBL BBQ Sauce (look for an all-natural variety that is low in sugar)
2 TBL shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ⁄3 cup chopped cooked chicken breast*
2 TBL chopped red onion
1 TBL chopped fresh cilantro

*Tip:  I usually buy a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods every week to have on hand for recipes like this that require adding in pre-cooked chicken.  


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place pita on baking sheet. Top with BBQ Sauce, cheese, chicken, and onion.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve immediately.


If you'd like to learn more about Core De Force please review this post or email me at fabfitfunjen@gmail.com.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig