Healthy Toffee Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake


OK, so I gotta be honest and admit that I have a major sweet tooth.  It's probably more of a sugar addiction but I don't want to call it that cause it would mean I should probably address the issue and I'm not ready to go there LOL

So anyway, one night I was craving chocolate chip cookies BADLY.  I was searching through Pinterest for healthy chocolate chip recipes but I knew it was probably a bad idea because (of the whole sugar addiction thing) I knew I would end up eating the whole batch.  And even "healthy" cookies have to be limited in portions.  

So I then decided to try out a mug cake recipe because these bad boys are single serving recipes and that is what this girl needs (cause I have no self control)!  I found this great recipe by Leelalicious but as usual, I had to put my own spin on it.  I rarely make a recipe as-is, I always like to get creative and play around with recipes to make them more my own.  

Here is the final recipe and it was AMAZING!  Like it was so good you would never know this is a healthy, gluten-free and low carb dessert! 

Healthy Toffee Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake


INGREDIENTS
  • 2 TBL coconut flour
  • ¼ tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 2 TBL Nuts N More Toffee Crunch protein peanut butter
  • 1-½ TBL melted coconut oil
  • 1-½ TBL maple syrup
  • 1 TBL unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk)
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 TBL Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Plus:  1 TBL chocolate Shakeology or unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL unsweetened coconut milk and 1 tsp coconut oil for frosting

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, and baking powder.
  2. Add egg, Nuts n More toffee peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla and mix thoroughly to combine.
  3. Fill into a large mug and microwave on high for 2 mins. 
  4. Let the mug cool off for a few minutes.  As it is cooling, mix the ingredients for the frsting in a small bowl.  
  5. Dump the mug cake out on a plate and drizzle the chocolate frosting over it before devouring it, I mean eating it.  

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig