Uproot Your Bad Habits




Before you read any further, make sure you watch this short video!  This video was created for the Darren Daily email mentoring program by Darren Hardy (it's free so you should sign up!)













When I first saw this video a year ago I had a major light bulb go off in my head.  Tying the visualization of a tree to my bad habits was really eye opening for me.  I watch this video frequently and I always share it with the participants in my challenge groups.  

I know I was, am still can be, unaware of how bad habits begin to grow and grow.  We accept them as the norm.  We make excuses of why we can't break them, or we are constantly waiting for the perfect time to try.  In reality, the perfect time is NOW.  If you want to uproot your bad habits you need to take action before they get any stronger.  The longer you put it off, the harder the struggle is going to be.  

Let's say you went off track with your diet this summer and you put on 5 lbs.  Not a big deal right? 

Now let's say you haven't taken action  and you are now up 10 lbs by the end of September.  October comes and you are indulging in all the pumpkin and apple treats that are plentiful in fall, and then comes in the Halloween candy at the end of the month.  November slides in before you know it and you are up 15 lbs after Thanksgiving.  Now you think, why start a diet now?    It's the holiday season and there are loads of parties and holiday dinners.  It wouldn't make sense to start my diet.  I will wait for the magical time of January and make this my New Year's Resolution.   January comes and you are now up over 20 lbs and you have 6 months of bad habits to break.  

Do you think this will be easy?  HELL NO.  This is why so many people don't stick with their resolutions!  


Realize that you have a bad habit forming and intervene ASAP.  There really never will be a perfect time that's going to make it easy, you will have a little struggle.  But a little struggle is better than a big struggle right?  





2 comments

  1. I'm an actual NDE.
    Very few can say so.
    Wanna hear about it?
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an actual NDE.
    Very few can say so.
    Wanna hear about it?
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig