Motivation 101

Unless you've been living under a rock your entire life, I'm sure you are well aware of the many health benefits that exercise has to offer.   But this knowledge doesn't always get us motivated t get those workouts in.  And that's OK!  We all have those days when we feel like the last thing we wold ever want to do is exercise.  

So here is my lesson for you all today:  Motivation 101.  I am going to share some tips to help you get motivated and get your sweat on.  


Tip #1:  Find your why.  

What is the real reason behind your health and fitness goals?  Many people will say to lose weight or feel good, but I want you to identify WHY.  Here are a couple of examples:  I want to lose weight because I am not proud of the way I look.  I want to improve my fitness so I can have the energy to play with my kids.  I want to exercise to be a good role model for my children.  
I want you to think about your why and write it down.  Look at this every day for motivation!  

Tip #2: Think about how good you'll feel once your done.  

Unless you are sick and need to rest your body, getting your workout in will always prove to be more rewarding than other activities like watching TV, or playing games / checking social media on your phone.  After you exercise you will be energized and accomplished, so remind yourself of that when you are thinking of skipping that workout.  

Tip #3:  Promise yourself that you will exercise for 5 minutes no matter what.  

There is no way you can't spare 5 minutes for a quick workout.  So put on some music that gets you pumped up and get crackin!  I bet once you hit the 5 minute mark you will be into it and will end up getting in a longer workout.  

Tip #4:  Get creative.  

Set an alarm on your phone to go off when it's time for your workout.  Use a motivational phrase as the alarm title so you see that when it goes off.  You can also build a collection of inspiring quotes and images and keep them on hand to look at when you are feeling unmotivated.  Make a motivation board on Pinterest and fill it with motivating content that you can look back on for a little motivation boost.  

Tip #5:  Try something new!  

Adding something new into your fitness route not only helps break through or prevent plateaus, but it is also a great way to give yourself something to look forward to.  It's easy to get bored if you are doing the same thing over and over.  

Tip #6:  Sweat in style.  

Throw away those ratty workout clothes and put something cute on.  Wearing an outfit that makes you feel confident and stylish makes you feel good no matter what you are doing.  So treat yourself to a nice new workout outfit and see how good you feel when yo wear it, and how you may feel more motivated knowing you get to wear your new duds.  I set goals for my business and each month i hot those goals I allow myself to purchase a new Fabletics outfit.  I just love this brand because their clothes are high quality and super cute.  I am always very motivated to do the next workout after my new outfit arrives in the mail because I am excited to wear it.  

Tip #7:  Make a playlist.  

Pull together a playlist with all of your favorite music.  If you are feeling tired and unmotivated, cue up the music and let it work its magic on you.  its amazing at what music can do for your mood and energy level!  






No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig