The top 5 wellness apps that keep me healthy


I don't know about you guys, but I rely on my smartphone for EVERYTHING - phone, email, photos, tasks, calendar and so much more.  There are many wellness apps that help me stay healthy and that is what I wanted to share with you today.  In recent conversations I've been having with people, I noticed that I recommended various apps to them so I thought this would make for a helpful blog post.  

Ok, so here you go.... these are the top 5 wellness apps that help keep me healthy.  

1. 21 Day Fix Tracker.  I use this app solely for tracking my nutrition.  I follow the Portion Fix nutrition system (which was first created with 21 Day Fix) which requires me to track my portions by the container / color assigned to each food group.  It's critical for me to track my nutrition because this is a weak area for me.  I need to have an easy way to log what I'm eating otherwise I won't do it. With this app, all I have to do is click on the container colors for the food I'm eating and it logs it in.  It takes virtually no effort at all and is the most effective system that I've ever used to keep me on track with my nutrition.   If you are following the Portion fix system make sure you get your hands on this app.  It will make your life so much easier!  

2. Fitbit.  I work at a desk all day, and I also have LONG commutes.  So needless to say - I sit on my butt way too much.  I love the Fitbit app because I can set goals for my steps and track them throughout the day.  I always set up or join challenges because being in a competition makes me move a lot more than I normally would (add me as a friend on Fitbit through my email fabfitfunjen@gmail.com).  I also rely heavily on my Fitbit app for tracking my water intake and weight.  There are several other features available with the app as well but these are the ones that I consistently use and see great benefit from.  

3.  10% Happier.  This is an app for mindfulness practice.  I have been told for years how much mindfulness practice / meditation could help me with my stress and anxiety but I HATED IT.  I have tried so many methods, guided mediations, and apps and I always felt fidgety and would stress over how bad I was at it.  When I first heard of the 10% Happier app  I was intrigued by the tagline "mediation for fidgety skeptics".  I figured, since I was a fidgety skeptic,  that I would give it a try.  By the first lesson I was hooked.  What I have learned through the lessons and practices with this app is that we all have A LOT going on in our head and that mindfulness is not supposed to clear your head.  Mindfulness helps you become more aware of your thoughts and emotions which will help you control how you react to them.  I start each day with a lesson and practice in the app and it helps me get my mind right before the day gets crazy.  I have noticed many moments where I am able to relax in stressful situations, enjoy my food more or prevent emotional eating, and be more present.   THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS.  In today's crazy world, we can all benefit from becoming more mindful and present and I think this app makes it accessible to everyone (well, everyone with a smart phone at least).  

4.  My Challenge Tracker.  This is the app I use to run my challenge groups and I love it.  It allows me to track my workouts, Shakeology, goals and progress stats PLUS it keeps me connected with the coaches and challengers in our groups.  I think tracking my data + having accountability are two things that keep me highly motivated and this app offers both to me.  Thank you Beachbody for this awesome resource!

5. ThinkUp.  This app is awesome for improving your motivation and mindset.  Our mindset and thoughts have enormous impact on our self esteem, health, prosperity, and happiness. Positive affirmations are a simple (and proven) technique to make our mind work for us - not against us.  The app includes a huge database of affirmations that you can use, or you can create your own.  You can record them in your own voice, so whenever you need a little pick me up you can take a listen and remind yourself that YOU GOT THIS.  I listen to my affirmation every morning after my mindfulness practice and at least one more time later in the day (when it's time for that mental pick me up!).  

I hope you found this information helpful.  There are TONS of apps out there for all different wellness related topics.  Focus on the things that you need to improve on the most and search for apps that will help you improve those areas.  

I would love to hear from you:  what wellness apps are YOUR favorite?  


Are you struggling to stay consistent with your nutrition and fitness?  Or are you looking for an extra push to overcome a plateau or break free of boredom with your current routine? 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig