Find Your NEW Normal



If you had told me 5 years ago that I would never need to step foot in the gym to get fit I would have laughed at you. And I would have never believed that someday my living room would become my workout space, and That i would actually enjoy it.
I was ALWAYS a gym-lover. I loved the atmosphere and I loved the energy of group fitness classes. My favorite was spin class, which I became a certified instructor and taught for nearly 7 years. Throughout my life I bought plenty of workout DVDs (I'm a sucker for infomercials what can I say LOL) but I really hated working out at home and found them to be too boring.
But, things change a lot once you become a mom. My body changed, my mind changed, my heart changed, my whole world changed. I struggled so badly that first year… I desperately wanted to feel like the person I was before I became a mom, but I could not for the life of me make it happen. That is because I had tunnel vision and only knew what had worked for me in the past.
I am so glad that I took the chance to do this, because without this I know I would never have found my way back to my happy place of feeling healthy, fit and confident. My advice to any of you who might struggle finding your way back into a routine/lifestyle AB (after-baby) is to open your mind. Don't shut out things that you might not have enjoyed or that might not have worked for you in the past.
The most important thing is for you to be healthy and it might take a lot of failures, creativity, and searching to find what your new normal will be. But it is worth it! 
You deserve to feel your best, and your family needs you to be at your best.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig