Real Talk


Yesterday, as I sat in my car for what felt like the longest commute ever, I listened to Brian Tracy's Bull's Eye (audiobook).  I have listened to this book before, but yesterday I started to listen to it with a different set of ears.  I have listened to this book before for guidance with goal setting for my business, but yesterday I realized that the goal setting tips in this book can work very well for health goals.  

I have had countless conversations with people lately who tell me they have a goals to lose ___ lbs.  When I prod a little harder and ask how they plan to achieve the goals, it seems that most people do not have clarity on how they will make this happen.  If you don't have clarity on how and when you'll make this goal happen, then you do not have a goal - YOU HAVE A WISH.  As the author Brian Tracy states in the book "a wish is a goal with no energy behind it."

BOOM!  Deep stuff right?  I just love that statement so much I wish I could pick it up and smother it with hugs and kisses!   This is why I named this blog post REAL TALK:  I want to get real with you because I'm sick of being nice and supporting a lack of commitment and action.  I know that we all have the power to achieve our goals, but sometimes it seems so big and scary that we are afraid to step up and fight for it.  We remember our past failures, bad habits, etc and we back off and get stuck with wishes.  

Wishes do not get results, so although I think wishes are great for greeting cards, they are not great for our health and fitness.  Health and fitness goals require clarity.  If you do not have clarity on how you'll achieve your goal, you will not achieve that goal.  Heres how you can get clear on your health and fitness goals and finally hit that bull's eye.  

  1. Get specific.  Decide exactly what you want to achieve and when you want to achieve it by. 
    • Example: I would like to lose 10 lbs by February 1, 2017.  
  2. Start to break down your goal by identifying the smaller actions that will help you get there.   Think of any action you'll need to do to make this happen, no matter how big or small it seems - PUT IT ON THE LIST! 
    • For instance, you will write down: what fitness program will you follow, what day will you do your meal prep, how many steps per day will you take, who will you reach out to for accountability, etc.  
  3.  Write it down.  Write your goal down to first proclaim your quest to achieve it.  Then continue writing that goal daily.  People who write down their goals have a much higher success rate of achieving their goals, compared to those that don't.  When I write down my goals in my planner every day, it ignites my drive to take action on those goals DAILY.  You might not think this is needed (I didn't believe it at first) but I have noticed a huge improvement in my commitment and belief in myself when I am writing down goals and identifying the steps that I can take daily to help me achieve them.  
I know this time of year might not seem like an ideal time to commit to a goal, but you can absolutely start making some big progress now.  If you have a health and fitness goal that you're planning to commit to for January 1, you can start mapping out your plan now so you are ready to rock when the new year starts.  Use the next few weeks to think about what fitness program you'll be following.  Start making your meal plans and searching for new recipes.  

Don't let yourself wake up on January 1st with a wish.  I want you to open your eyes that day, feeling confident and clear on your goal.  I want you to look yourself in the mirror and say:  



If you are ready to make these goals a reality come January, then please contact me to inquire about my Beachbody Health Bet challenge group!

Three out of four participants reported they met their health and fitness goals in the Beachbody Health Bet in September, and it’s back this January!  Beachbody is betting $2 million dollars that you’ll fall in love with getting healthy, and you can automatically qualify to split a piece of the prize!

All you have to do is join my challenge group on the My Challenge Tracker App, and meet the in-app weekly tracking requirements each week during the Beachbody Health Bet Contest from January 9—February 5, 2017.  Eligible Coaches and customers who meet the below requirements will win an equal share of the guaranteed prize pool of $2 million!  Awesome right?  

Contact me ASAP to sign-up or get more info! 



No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig