Healthy Sweet Potato Puffs

These delicious little puffs (aka muffins) are simple to make and make a great recipe to add in to your weekly food prep.  I was looking to make something that would use up the sweet potatoes and broccoli that we had in the house, AND I was also on a mission to make something that my 3.5 year old would actually eat.  He does love sweet potatoes and broccoli, so combining them into these cute little puffs seemed like a good solution.  They were a hit - not only with him but for my husband and I as well.



This recipe made A LOT.  I initially made these for my son but there were so many leftover that the whole family was eating them through the week.  They held up well in the fridge for at least 4-5 days until they were gone.  If you don't like having food stay in the fridge for that long, or if you can't eat them all within that time frame, I suggest freezing some of the leftovers.

Ingredients

  • Approximately 2 cups of cooked, mashed sweet potatoes 
    • I baked the sweet potatoes but you may steam if preferred.  I used a total of 7 sweet potatoes of various sizes from small - medium.
  • 1 cup of steamed, chopped broccoli florets
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
  • 3 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons of Bragg's nutritional yeast
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:  
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Scoop mixture into mini muffin tins (I use parchment mini-muffin liners, if you don't use liners make sure you grease the pan).  Like I said, this makes a lot.  I filled the mini muffin tins and still had enough to make 8 regular muffin sized puffs. 
  3. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.  I left the regular sized muffins in for a total of 40 minutes.  
  4. Enjoy plain, or try with sour cream or ketchup!  





Looking for more healthy recipes?  Follow my Healthy Recipe board on Pinterest!  

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig