How I Sweat My Anxiety Away


When I first started my "fit mom journey" back in march 2013, I started because I hated my body and I wanted to lose weight.  I was dealing with anxiety and insomnia at the time, but I had come to cope with those issues by taking medication to help me deal with them. However there was no pill I could take to make me feel good about the way I looked.  



So, after almost a year of failed attempts, I started once again.  This time I started with a home workout system since I did not have the opportunity to get to the gym regularly.  I would press play every day and get my sweat on at 5AM while my son was still fast asleep.  It was a tough adjustment that first week, but going into week two I noticed that I was feeling pretty good.  I realized that I wasn't having to take my anxiety medicine as much and that I was falling back asleep when I woke during the night.  Going into the third week I stopped taking all meds completely.  Just a few weeks of regular exercise (and clean eating) had me feeling like my old self again!!!




I think that the early morning workouts were especially beneficial for me because the rush of endorphins and sense of accomplishment that I was starting my day with helped me to form a more positive mindset about the rest of my day, instead of waking up and feeling tired and frantic like I had been.  Before I started I was feel overtired when I woke and would feel anxious almost immediately.  It was a downward spiral from there and often  I would joke that I would get anxiety about getting anxiety, so I was in constant state of worry and panic.  When this pattern began to melt away I felt as if I was reclaiming my life back!  




Although it was a little hard waking up earlier at first, I was feeling so good that I didn't care.  And once I was sleeping better through the night I was feeling much more rested, even with the earlier wakeup.  Now I am addicted to my early-morning workouts.  Nothing makes me feel as good as a good sweat session to kick off my day! On days that I don't exercise (at all or in the morning) I notice a dramatic drop in my energy level and motivation. 




If you are struggling with mental health issues I highly suggest you begin to incorporate regular exercise into your day.  I never thought I'd have the energy to do it since I was lacking so much sleep, but I think that after becoming a mom my body was used to lots of demands and little sleep!  




I know it's hard to find the motivation and a system that works for you, so if you would like some accountability and help selecting a workout program email me at fabfitfunjen@gmail.com.  I provide both one on one and group coaching to my clients at no charge when you invest in a home workout program.  

If you have the right support system and plan in place you can make a drastic improvement with both your physical and mental state of health!  







No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig