Fab Fit FIXATE Cookies!



Many of you that know me or have followed me on social media know that I started my transformation with 21 Day Fix.  This program really was life changing for  me (and soooo many others) because of it's super-simplified and effective approach to nutrition.  It focuses on eating healthy foods portioned out by each food group.  Eating on a 21 Day Fix plan is anything but boring.  You get to eat a variety of delicious foods, and LOTS of them.  The only complain I ever hear about 21 Day Fix is that it is sometimes too much food! And it even allows for wiggle room with things like desserts and wine!  #awesomesauce


The Fixate cookbook was released in 2015 and this has brought over 100 delicious 21 Day Fix-approved recipes into our homes.  I wanted to share one of the desserts because I love sweets and I think these cookies are yummy!  I have made a couple of modifications to the recipe because I love to create in the kitchen and put my own spin on recipes.  



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1 cup garbanzo flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
  • 2 large eggs (room temperature preferred)
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Optional:  unsweetened coconut flakes go great in this recipe

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3) Combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4) Beat oil and maple syrup (if you can warm up maple syrup and oil together before mixing that will help texture) in a large mixer bowl until creamy, approximately 4-5 minutes. 
5) Add eggs and extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes. 
6) Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture, mix until blended.
7) Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
8) Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with a spatula if traditional cookie appearance is desired. Bake for 14 - 17 minutes, or until golden brown. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig