Lemon Blueberry Muffins



It's July and that means its blueberry season here in New England.  We are getting a few pints of blueberries a week in our CSA so I've been incorporating them into our meals (they are so good in salads!!).  I wanted to make lemon blueberry muffins because I LOVE that flavor combination.  Muffins are a staple in our house because I make them healthy so I can pack them in my son's lunch box for school all week.  One batch lasts us an entire week and he just loves them!  

These muffins really blew my socks off.  When I took them out of the over I thought they appeared slightly dry by the looks of the tops, but oh my when I tried one out they were so moist and the flavor was off the hook!  Try them out for yourself and let me know what you think!  




Ingredients
1 cup garbanzo flour
3/4 cup whole grain pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Zest of 1 organic lemon
Juice of 1 organic lemon 
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 large egg white
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 mashed (very ripe) bananas
2-3 TBL milk or non-dairy milk
1 cup (fresh blueberries

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease up a mini muffin tin (I use coconut oil and flour).  

In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. 

In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and bananas, mixing until no large lumps remain. Next stir in the lemon juice. 

Slowly mix in the flour to the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula.  Add in some of the milkas it starts to become too dry.  Once they have been fully mixed together gently fold in the blueberries.

Divide the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops feel lightly firm to the touch. 

Cool the muffins on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!  


Note: If you make regular sized muffins you will probably have to bake them for 20-25 minutes.  


No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig