Healthy Hidden Veggie Pasta


My two year old son has become quite the picky eater lately.  It's forced me to get creative so I can get him to eat more vegetables.  Pasta is a favorite of his (he calls it "roni") so I thought of ways to make it healthier.  

So here is what I came up with:  

Mix 1-2 jars of baby food (I used carrots and squash) in with the tomato sauce.  The flavor of the tomato sauce totally masks the flavor of the added veggie).  

Ingredients 

- Quinoa elbow style pasta
- Organic marinara sauce 
- 1 jar of puréed baby food carrots
- 1 jar of puréed baby food squash 

For this recipe shown here I cooked the quinoa pasta as directed.  While it was boiling I poured the marinara in a small pot and stirred in the baby food.  

I used a half box of the pasta, with a quarter to a third of a jar of the marinara.  You can alter the measurements depending on how much you need and how you like  it to taste.  I would start with only one jar of the baby food first and then play around with the sauce until you get the right amount and flavor.  

This meal takes NO PREP and is ready very quickly.  This is perfect when you need something quick to feed your picky kid (or yourself!).  


No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig