How to Make Perfectly Poached Eggs


I love eggs.  They are healthy, delicious, and such a great option for a meal at any point in the day.  One of my favorite egg dishes that I make is poached eggs on toast.  I like to add avocado, cilantro, and Sriracha sauce.  These are simple additions but the flavor is mind blowing good.  

I used to be really bad at making poached eggs.  They always disintegrated in the water leaving me with hardly anything worth eating.  I found that adding some vinegar to the water keeps them together nicely.  

So here are my secrets to perfectly poached eggs:
  • Add a few tablespoons white vinegar to the water
  • Make sure water is at a rapid boil
  • Create a whirlpool 
  • Drop eggs in to swirling water
  • Poach for 2-3 minutes (3 minutes leaves them moderately runny)
  • Remove with slotted spoon
  • Pat dry (underneath the spoon) with a paper towel to absorb the water
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR A DEMO!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig