Frozen Avocado Balls


I just love avocado.  I could easily eat several of them a day either as a snack or as an addition to my meals.  Unfortunately this would not be good for my waistline so I need to watch my portions.  I used to think I should just eat the entire avocado because it would just turn brown and go bad if I tried to store it.  What I have discovered now is a new trick of freezing my leftover avocado.  

I will take the remaining half of an avocado and use a measuring spoon (tablespoon size) to scoop out avocado balls.  Its kind of like using a mellon baller.  I will then lay the avocado balls on parchment or wax paper and put them in the freezer (I lay it on a cookie sheet for stability since my freezer is too overloaded to lay on the shelves).  I let them freeze for anywhere to 15-30 minutes and then i just pop them in a freezer baggie or small freezer safe container.  They stay perfectly green so its a great way to preserve the avocado.  

I pop them in my shakes which is a great way to add additional nutrients, fiber, and healthy fat.  They also make tyne shakes so incredibly creamy!  You may think it sounds weird but you can't even taste the avocado.  You can definitely tell the difference with the smooth creamy texture though.  


No comments

Post a Comment

© Fab Fit FunJen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig